The Research Training portfolio in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences encompasses all aspects of research higher degrees and scholarships.
Research Training staff in the Faculty Research Unit provide high quality administrative support for the management of research higher degrees, research scholarships, policy development, marketing and recruitment.
- Benchmarking - provision of support and advice to the faculty through research and information analysis and benchmarking activities
- Policy development - provision of support and advice to the faculty in developing research higher degree and research scholarships policies
- Faculty Research Scholarships - management of research scholarships including University-allocated research scholarships and administration of the application process for Faculty Research (trust funded) Scholarships (FRS)
- Representing the Faculty on University committees and other bodies
- Committee support - provision of administrative support for committees chaired by the Associate Dean (Research Training) including the Research Training Committee.
- Promotion of funding opportunities for research students - coordinate and promote University, Faculty and external scholarships, awards and prize schemes such as the Three Minute Thesis competition and the Dean's Award for Excellence in the PhD Thesis.
Please refer to the Research Students web page if you are seeking information about enrolment, admissions, scholarships or research student policies and procedures.
For further information please contact the Faculty Research Unit.